Behold, the majestic United Kingdom, is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking coastlines and crystal-clear waters. As the summer season approaches, it’s time to plan your beach vacation. Feast your eyes upon these top 10 magnificent beaches to visit in the UK in 2023.
St. Ives, Cornwall
First on our list is the awe-inspiring St. Ives, nestled on the southwestern edge of England. With its vibrant turquoise waters and silky golden sands, this place is a surfer’s, kayaker’s, and paddleboarder’s paradise. Not to mention, the town’s captivating streets and art galleries will leave you spellbound.
St. Ives in Cornwall is a real gem. The harbor, streets, and beaches are stunning. The beach itself is huge, with breathtaking views. Sunbathing, swimming, and surfing are popular here. Shops, restaurants, and cafes surround the beach. The town has more beaches to discover, each with its own charm. St. Ives is the perfect place for a beach holiday. The scenery, town, and activities are amazing. It’s no surprise tourists flock here. Don’t miss out!
Next up is the beguiling Bournemouth, located in the enchanting county of Dorset. With its seemingly never-ending stretch of glistening golden sand and lively promenade, it’s no wonder this place is a hit among beachgoers. Don’t miss out on the delectable seafood restaurants and beach bars scattered throughout the area.
Thirdly, we have the charming Tenby, found in the delightful county of Pembrokeshire in Wales. This picturesque town boasts a stunning beach with crystal-clear water and colorful buildings that house quaint shops. Make sure to take a leisurely stroll along the medieval town walls for an exquisite view of the sea.
Fourthly, Woolacombe is a striking three-mile-long beach in the scenic county of Devon, backed by rolling hills. Families flock to this spot, as it offers a plethora of activities to keep everyone entertained, ranging from surfing to sandcastle building.
Camber Sands, East Sussex
Camber Sands in East Sussex is fifth on our list, and it is a visual treat with its picturesque beach, undulating sand dunes, and vast sandy stretch. Sunbathing, swimming and a variety of water sports are on offer here.
Rhossili Bay, Swansea
Rhossili Bay is a must-visit beach, sixth on our list, situated on the Gower Peninsula in Wales. The beach is backed by colossal cliffs and is a surfer’s and kiteboarder’s dream. Additionally, the nearby village of Rhossili is worth exploring.
Formby Beach, Merseyside
The seventh pick is Formby Beach in Merseyside, a mesmerizing stretch of coastline in northwest England. The beach is enveloped by dunes and pine forests, making it an ideal place for a picnic or a leisurely walk. Red squirrels, the resident species, can also be spotted here.
Sandwood Bay, Scotland
Sandwood Bay in Scotland is the eighth addition to our list, and it is one of Scotland’s most awe-inspiring beaches. Although it is located in a remote part of the country, the dramatic cliffs and the gorgeous sea stack just offshore make it worth the effort.
Luskentyre Sands, Outer Hebrides
Luskentyre Sands is the ninth selection on our list, located on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides. This stunning beach is encompassed by mountains and boasts crystal-clear water and velvety white sand. Wildlife enthusiasts will be delighted, as dolphins and whales can frequently be spotted offshore.
West Wittering, West Sussex
Last but not least, we have the delightful West Wittering in southern England. The water is as crystal-clear as it gets, and there are plenty of water sports available, such as windsurfing and paddleboarding. The charming village’s numerous cafes and restaurants are an added bonus.
More Top Beautiful Beaches to Visit in the UK 2023
- Bournemouth Beach, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Cornwall
- St Ives Bay, Cornwall
- Woolacombe Beach, Devon
- Luskentyre Sands, Isle of Harris
- Rhossili Bay, Gower Peninsula
- Porthminster Beach, Cornwall
- Polzeath Beach, Cornwall
- Sennen Cove, Cornwall
- West Wittering Beach, West Sussex
- St Brelade’s Bay Beach, Jersey
- Porthcurno Beach, Cornwall
- Tresco Island Beaches, Isles of Scilly
- Saunton Sands, Devon
- Sandwood Bay, Sutherland
- Holkham Beach, Norfolk
- Kynance Cove, Cornwall
- Porthmeor Beach, Cornwall
- Sandbanks Beach, Dorset
- Pedn Vounder Beach, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head Beach, Dorset
- Mawgan Porth Beach, Cornwall
- Compton Bay, Isle of Wight
- Pentle Bay, Tresco
- Perranporth Beach, Cornwall
- Camber Sands, East Sussex
- Bamburgh Beach, Northumberland
- Portstewart Strand, County Londonderry
- Barafundle Bay, Pembrokeshire
- West Bay Beach, Dorset
- Coldingham Bay, Scottish Borders
- Embleton Bay, Northumberland
- Culzean Castle Beach, Ayrshire
- Filey Beach, North Yorkshire
- Rossall Beach, Lancashire
- Tentsmuir Sands, Fife
- Balmedie Beach, Aberdeenshire
- Gwithian Beach, Cornwall
- Newgale Beach, Pembrokeshire
- Lulworth Cove Beach, Dorset
- North Berwick Beach, East Lothian
- Ballycastle Beach, County Antrim
- Llanddwyn Beach, Anglesey
- Traigh Bheag Beach, Isle of Barra
- Durdle Door Beach, Dorset
- Beadnell Bay Beach, Northumberland
- Aberavon Beach, Port Talbot
- Elie Harbour Beach, Fife
- Gairloch Beach, Highland
- Seilebost Beach, Isle of Harris
- Mablethorpe Beach, Lincolnshire
- Croyde Bay Beach, Devon
- Sandend Beach, Moray
- Harlyn Bay Beach, Cornwall
- Abersoch Beach, Gwynedd
- Llandudno Beach, Conwy
- Bantham Beach, Devon
- Rock Beach, Cornwall
- Trebarwith Strand Beach, Cornwall
- Porth Joke Beach, Cornwall
- Thorpeness Beach, Suffolk
- Cambois Beach, Northumberland
- Silecroft Beach, Cumbria
- Banff Beach, Aberdeenshire
- Tintagel Beach, Cornwall
- Freshwater West Beach, Pembrokeshire
- Lossiemouth East Beach, Moray
- Llandanwg Beach, Gwynedd
- Gurnard Beach, Isle of Wight
- Collieston Beach, Aberdeenshire
- Perranuthnoe Beach, Cornwall
- Broadhaven South Beach, Pembrokeshire
- Studland Bay Beach, Dorset
- Broughty Ferry
In summary, the United Kingdom has an abundance of gorgeous beaches to explore in 2023. Whether you’re searching for a lively beach with plenty of activities or a secluded spot to relax and unwind, you’re sure to find your heart’s desire. So, pack your swimwear, sunscreen, and a captivating book and get ready to discover the United Kingdom’s awe-inspiring coastlines.
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?